Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's been a while, but welcome to October!



So I never meant to ignore the Blog for so long, but a lot has happened in these past weeks. I won't bore you with the details, just give a small glimpse of one of the last actually scannable images I did in my sketchbook. 

I sat outside in the large patio of a german style beer hall drinking oktoberfest, and chatting with friends. All artists of course so after about a third of the way through out first mug (litre sized mugs at that), we all whipped them out and started sketching. Its amazing how we can't seem to go more than a couple of minutes before someone starts drawing. 

I'm getting to like the thinness of my sketchbook pages. There is something nice about the ghost images that drawings on the other side of the page leave. I think it's freeing me to do looser drawings... since they won't look great anyway with random lines/colors running through them, that it doesn't matter how nice/well placed my drawings are. And the yellow color of the pages lets me believe that this can be some exotic travel journal from a bygone era. Or I'm just feeling a bit fanciful today. Who knows?
Enjoy. More to come as always.

No comments: