Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Single Bulb....

So with all the changes from last year, one of them had been the Studio's move to a bigger space late last year and the beginning of this year. At one point I stood in the empty old space staring out to the hallway after the sun had gone down and waiting for the movers to grab the last couple of things left. We had left one last lamp without its cover to help illuminate the job.

I was left alone for a while with an image, simple but perfect in its own right. And I tried my best to commit it to memory since I didn't have a camera with me that could capture the subtlies of the light. And as I stood in that empty studio, looking at this perfect moment I was left realizing that I will always be an artist. I may not always see the world as potential images, moments to be captured, but I can see one when it is placed in front of me and then my mind goes wild. all the possibilities all the way that scene could have been used: as inspiration to a written story, a movie, a comic, a lone painting..... I spent almost as much time thinking reasons behind it (other than the real actual reason that had me standing there) that could have been used for it, with it.....

I digress, well not really. That was my point. A non-artist (and I am using artist loosely for all types, styles, forms of creative person) would have just been bored and played sudoku on their phone waiting for the night to end and let them go home.

In hopes that people actually read this blog, I give you a question: Can you tell me of your last perfect artistic moment that made you wish it wouldn't end because you knew the possibilities were endless?

1 comment:

GOGOPEDRO said...

I'm not sure about my last artistic moment....I know I've seen things in my time that I wish I'd committed to memory better because...they where something of true unique beauty and spectacle. I want some of those things in my work...great post..
Nice thoughts in the text there...

P