Sunday, January 23, 2011

C'est Fini

The painting... finished. The hair didn't come out great, nor Ok. But I've decided that I'm finished. I can continue, and continue and continue, but that may mean that I'll just mess it up. I think I got the face good enough for me after so many days, months, and years of not painting. Actually, I do believe that this may be my best self-portrait in all the years that I've done them. That makes me happy. Oh by the way the warmth of the painting compared to the other versions is due to the yellow light indoors. It's been to foggy in Ireland lately to paint outside. Fingers crossed for next time.

Now on to the next one.

Which after some deliberation from friends, neighbors and random strangers stopped on the street are going to be "studies" of other more famous and known painters and paintings. I am quite excited about this.

Don't worry boys and girls, there is loads more to come!