Monday, January 17, 2011

Paint, paint, and more paint

So the right is half way through the painting process yesterday as I started trying to get the portrait better. I also wanted to show it to you as well as showing where I ended yesterday so that you can't say that I just started another painting, instead of working over the first one. It's interesting to see them both side to side.

I think it definitely looks like an improvement, as I have "remembered" how to manipulate the paint a bit more, though still not with the confidence I remember I once had. I did stop the other day though because though I painted my face a bit better, I wanted to "style" my hair for the "final" painting so that I looked all pretty and dolled up. No one says that I'm not vain, so I may as well look my best. Though lets be honest I do have a worried look on my face as I paint, more from concentration that anything else. I'm happy where I finished and can't wait to take the time tomorrow to place the last couple of details and then maybe sketch out the next painting. Only 9 more to go!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work, very expressive...

GOGOPEDRO said...

keep at it. Looking forward to further updates...