Tuesday, February 15, 2011

End of Phase 1



So I took one during and one "end of phase one" picture of the painting. I'm sure it won't look any different to you, or at least that much, but the first part to finishing this painting for me was getting away from the watered down paint layer. The colors are brighter and more solid. Next phase will be to bring in the detail work on the skull and squid. I mostly chose this image because I wanted to work with color and swirls. Yeah I know that sounds weird, but I like the feel of the brush as it swirls... it flows for me. And skulls are cool. Give me a day or two and I will have more "behind the scenes" of this painting.

Enjoy!

PS the color will be weird on these photographs because I am using a special truColor light to help me paint, but it reflects of the white skull during photography. For the final photo I will be sure to correct that, but for now, it's all good.

2 comments:

GOGOPEDRO said...

I DO see the CHANGES...Glad to see you digging into this.

Looking forward to your next steps in the image...

P

shane Blount said...

Lookin good Nathalia, love how this is shaping up!

shane